Sunday, April 12, 2009

What flowers should I get for the cast of girls in the musical production that I'm in?

I am the lead in my community theater%26#039;s production of %26quot;Oklahoma!%26quot; and I would like to get all of the girls in the cast a flower. I need flowers for 13 chorus girls and then I%26#039;d like to get something a little nicer like a small boquet for 4 of the girls with bigger parts. Single red roses are rather expensive..5 dollars from what I%26#039;ve found. I%26#039;m having trouble shopping for single flowers online and finding out my options and the pricing. I%26#039;d like to get them something special and unique, but I am on a bit of a budget and there are a lot of girls. Also ideas for the boquets that wouldn%26#039;t be too pricey. Should I get something for the director, costume ladies, and musical director as well? I was thinking maybe just cards for them, and we do give a group gift. Any ideas are appreciated.

What flowers should I get for the cast of girls in the musical production that I%26#039;m in?
From what I%26#039;ve heard the tradition is to give red roses after the first performance. A single rose is sufficient for the chorus girls, a nicer bouquet for the other cast members consisting of a rose and another less expensive flower. You can buy fresh flowers in grocery stores and design your own bouquets, for the single roses, I%26#039;d suggest you get a dozen roses and separate them. The only place I%26#039;ve ever heard of anyone charging $5.00 is in restaurants when there is a flower girl/seller walking around and that is highway robbery. Please just go to Albertson%26#039;s and talk to the clerk at the flower section, they also sell balloon bouquets.
Reply:Well, carnations are good, but try shopping around at local flower shops. A single flower is good for the choral members, and if you think you could do it, get a couple other types of flowers also, and either a cheap vase or ribbon,string, and tissue paper, to make your own boquet.





To make your own boquet, hold the flowers, and arrange them carefully in your hand. Then get someone to tie the string carefully around the middles of the flower stems, while they are all grouped together. Now take the tissue paper, and gather it around the flowers, (with the bottom of the paper extending just slightly past the string) , so that it looks kind of like it does on the store bought boquets, and finish of by having someone tie the ribbon fairly tightly around the tissue paper to hold it. Sit the flowers in water, and break a leg!



make up

No comments:

Post a Comment